Thursday, January 16, 2014

Creating


(To create what's in your minds eye is like chasing a dream. Let go of the vision and embrace what spills out onto the page)
I was listening to a great interview on NPR with the author Ann Patchet. She said something to this extent "I have an amazing book in my head but as soon go to to write it, I kill it". This idea really resonated with me. I began to consider, how do we get so attached to that vision we see? I realized that most of the time what comes out is NOT the vision we had but something else. I guess I know that "something" needs to come out, regardless of wether it's great or not. It's taking the chance, rolling the dice to see what it will be. This idea seems to apply to life too. We get so attached to the dream we have for our lives that we spend so much energy chasing the life we envision. What we really need to do is embrace what we are, all of it, everything that spills out into the world.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that! I love to get feedback. I so appreciate it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thought-provoking comment. I've always thought this but never saw it in print. And now I need to go do some art because then it comes out of my brain. Thanks for sharing. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete